Sunday 27 May 2012

Alternative Power: SAWDOS DIY Wind Turbine Project

As mentioned before I intended to build a larger wind turbine from scrap.  Here is the latest prototype that I constructed.  The blades were cut from PVC while the stand is just a test bench.  The aim was to test the turbine with the blades fitted.  Unfortunately there was very little wind the past three days and I now have to wait for the wind to play ball.  Please note that this is just a prototype and that I will definitely make further changes to the turbine stand and blades.  The turbine is also in need of a tail and auto shutdown, rectifier and power controller.  I will update these pages as I make progress with the project. This turbine will provide enough power to the SAWDOS in the event of a nationwide blackout or a local disaster. Best of all it does not cost a arm and a leg and the power is for free.





Images: SAWDOS (Click on image for larger view.)


More info and projects: http://msbmadscientist.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment