Monday, 21 January 2013

39 year old man dies in Khayelitsha fire

At 03:20 on Monday, 21 January 2013 a fire was reported that occurred at 41123 Nqubela Street, Makhaza, Khayelitsha.

One (1) shack was engulfed with flames and the residents used buckets and sand to extinguish the fire prior to the arrival of the Fire & Rescue Services at 03:28.

Dalibuzwe Silayi (39 years) suffered severe burn wounds that were declared deceased on the scene. No other persons were in the shack at the time of the fire.

It is suspected that the fire was caused by an unprotected candle flame.

The SAPS have opened an inquest to investigate the incident.


Issued by: Disaster Risk Management Centre, City of Cape Town

Source: Wilfred Solomons-Johannes, Head: Systems Integration, Special Projects & Disaster Operations, Disaster Risk Management Centre, City of Cape Town

No comments:

Post a Comment