- SAWDOS1 Twitter South Africa Tweets
- SAWDOS2 Twitter World Wide Tweets
- TrafficSA Twitter Updates
- RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service
- USGS Earthquake Monitor
- SA Private WX Stations
- Real-Time APRS WX Station Data
- Disclaimer/Indemnity: SAWDOS
- Articles and Photos: SAWDOS
- About: SAWDOS
- South African Disasters
- Mossel Bay WX Stations
- SA Sea Level Synoptic Chart
- SA Weather Webcams
- YO Weather Prediction
- Mossel Bay Mad Scientist Projects
- Weather Forecast for South Africa
Sunday, 31 March 2013
Fire leaves 120 people homeless in Langa
Upon arrival of the firefighters it was established that shacks were engulfed with flames.
The blaze destroyed 31 shacks leaving 120 people displaced. All persons were accounted for and no injuries were sustained.
The City’s disaster response teams assisted the fire victims with the supply of food parcels, blankets, baby packs, clothing and building material.
The City’s Disaster Risk Management Centre encourages residents to be fire safe when working with open flames. When going to bed, residents should isolate electrical devices and extinguish gas burners, candles, lamps and paraffin stoves in order to prevent fires.
For more information on how to prevent fires please visit City’s Disaster Risk Management Centre on www.capetown.gov.za on www.capetown.gov.za/disaster.
Issued by: Disaster Risk Management Centre, City of Cape Town
Source : Wilfred Solomons-Johannes, Head: Systems Integration, Special Projects & Disaster Operations, Disaster Risk Management Centre, City of Cape Town