- SAWDOS1 Twitter South Africa Tweets
- SAWDOS2 Twitter World Wide Tweets
- TrafficSA Twitter Updates
- RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service
- USGS Earthquake Monitor
- SA Private WX Stations
- Real-Time APRS WX Station Data
- Disclaimer/Indemnity: SAWDOS
- Articles and Photos: SAWDOS
- About: SAWDOS
- South African Disasters
- Mossel Bay WX Stations
- SA Sea Level Synoptic Chart
- SA Weather Webcams
- YO Weather Prediction
- Mossel Bay Mad Scientist Projects
- Weather Forecast for South Africa
Friday, 29 March 2013
Renewed appeal to public to stay clear of the Seli 1 wreck
The public is warned not to approach within 100 metres of the wreck.
The weakening of the wreck was a planned outcome of the operation, and was intended to pave the way for ocean forces to collapse the wreck onto the seabed during the coming winter.
The wreck will be continuously monitored to determine if the objectives of the operation have been met, and whether any further work is required.
Issued by: Integrated Strategic Communication and Branding Department, City of Cape Town
For operational enquiries: Wilfred Solomons-Johannes, Head: Systems Integration, Special Projects and Disaster Operations, Disaster Risk Management Centre, City of Cape Town