Thursday 7 February 2013

Preventing Devastating Shack Fires


Most Accidental Candle Fires can be Prevented

I am a former UNMIL Fire Marshal that has a special place in my heart for my friends and Firefighters in Africa.

Kevin's Kandles has been founded as a direct result of my assignment in 2007-2008. The weekly fire calls for accidental candle fires in Monrovia had a profound impact on me. I have spent my entire career providing fire protection and fire safety to the public. Upon my return to Canada I knew I had to do something more. Now Kevin's Kandles are available - How do we encourage suppliers like Monoprix or Bridgeway to offer these candles to all Africans? They are Much Safer than paraffin candles, less than half the price and environmentally friendly.

If a Kevin's Kandle is left unattended - it will go out; if it is tipped over - it will go out!

In January 2012 another tragic accidental candle fire occurred in Monrovia, Liberia. 150 homes were destroyed and 2,500 people were left homeless.

This tragedy could have been prevented with Kevin’s Kandles. It’s time for the UN and other Poverty Relief Groups to embrace these Much Safer candles.

A shipping carton measures 15 x 15 x 20”, weighs 25 pounds and contains 500 packs of Kevin’s Kandles. Each pack has the potential to provide a family with 3+ months of safer candle illumination. A shipping container holds 324,000 packs of these candles.

To watch the demonstration video and read the “Small Steps” folder visit www.asafercandle.com

Let’s reduce the number of accidental candle fires!

No comments:

Post a Comment