- SAWDOS1 Twitter South Africa Tweets
- SAWDOS2 Twitter World Wide Tweets
- TrafficSA Twitter Updates
- RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service
- USGS Earthquake Monitor
- SA Private WX Stations
- Real-Time APRS WX Station Data
- Disclaimer/Indemnity: SAWDOS
- Articles and Photos: SAWDOS
- About: SAWDOS
- South African Disasters
- Mossel Bay WX Stations
- SA Sea Level Synoptic Chart
- SA Weather Webcams
- YO Weather Prediction
- Mossel Bay Mad Scientist Projects
- Weather Forecast for South Africa
Monday, 25 March 2013
UPDATE – PILOT WHALES – 25th March, 2013
The City of Cape Town Disaster Risk Management have reported that during the night 3 of the 5 whales that were released into False Bay late yesterday afternoon were found beached on Long Beach, Simonstown, at 11h30 last night.
Veterinary Surgeons, the Department of Environmental Affairs – Oceans and Coasts, the SPCA and the City of Cape Town Disaster Risk Management responded and are confident that these 3 whales are 3 of the 5 that were released into False Bay late yesterday afternoon.
At approximately 02h30, Monday, 25th March, Veterinary Surgeons, under the guidance of the Department of Environmental Affairs – Oceans and Coasts marine scientists and the SPCA, humanely euthanized the 3 beached whales which were found to be in poor and deteriorating health.
The False Bay coastline is being monitored by the authorities to determine if the remaining two whales may also beach.
Sea Rescue Communications