Thursday 19 July 2012

Fire at Kings Park Stadium


(Above: The fire in full blaze. Photo via Twitter/@MetroGalZN)

Emergency workers were called out to the scene just after 6.30am this morning.

The blaze's believed to have started on one of the stands at the venue.

Metro police have closed-off Jacko Jackson Drive between the old NMR Avenue and Goble Road.

Tamara Naidoo, who was driving to work, says she noticed flames coming out of the roof.

"I was driving up the old NMR Avenue, and I looked to my left and all I could see was orange fire coming out Kings Park Stadium. I would say it was at least a metre, it looked as though the right hand side of the stadium was on fire," she said.

It's still unclear what caused the fire and whether anyone has been hurt.

- East Coast Radio News

No comments:

Post a Comment